Air Purification Palm Beach
Air purification plays a much larger role in your overall health than you’re aware of.
Alarmingly enough, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states that air in your home or business can be up to 100x more polluted than outside air. This is especially disconcerting as, according to the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, 50% of illnesses are caused by polluted indoor air.
Not only are you jeopardizing yourself but also your friends, family, and possible employees which could interrupt your business due to inability to work. You need to take immediate action and control the situation. If you don’t, and you continue to let contaminated air wreak havoc on your home, you are putting everyone at risk of:
- Lung irritation
- Sinus congestion
- Dryness and irritation of the eyes, nose, throat and skin
- Shortness of breath
- Hypersensitivity and allergies
- Coughing and sneezing
Air Purification Services In Palm Beach
Indoor Air Quality
It is extremely common for older buildings and homes to have dirty or damaged air ducts. It’s crucial for these air ducts to be properly maintained so factors like dust, gases, microbials, or particulates don’t attribute to possible complications and illnesses.
Learn more about how Direct AC’s REME air purification system can help restore clean air by clicking on the video to the right!
Indoor Air Quality Facts
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) constantly ranks indoor air pollution as a top 5 environmental hazards that humans are challenged with daily.
- The prevalence rate of pediatric asthma has increased nearly 73%. Various indoor air pollutants have been directly linked to the cause or increase of risk in the development of asthma in children.
- There are countless harmful chemicals that are emitted into the air that you might not be aware of. Whether it’s household cleaning agents, personal care products, paint, or solvents used daily, these all pose potential risks of causing illness by polluting your air.
- Respiratory problems caused by indoor air pollution accounts for 90% of all respiratory problems.
- One-half of all major office buildings which have an HVAC, heating, ventilation and/or air conditioning systems are contaminated, creating a cesspool of bacteria.
Sources of Indoor Air Pollution
- New Carpet – The materials in the carpeting can emit various VOCs or Volatile Organic Compounds.
- New Electronics & Other Plastic Products – Products composed of polyvinyl chloride have been associated to causing hormonal abnormalities and reproductive issues.
- Broken Compact Fluorescent Lights – Broken CFLs can release mercury into the air. Once released, carpets will never be able to be fully cleansed of the neurotoxin.
- Glues and Adhesives – These can cause irritation to the eyes and negatively affect the nervous system by releasing VOCS such as acetone or methyl ethyl ketone. Adhesives can also emit toxic formaldehyde.
- Heating Equipment – (stoves, heaters, fireplaces, chimneys) Heating equipment, if not ventilated properly can produce carbon monoxide which can lead to headaches, dizziness, fatigue and possibly death.
- Paints and Strippers – When paint dries, VOCs are emitted that cause headaches, nausea, or dizziness. Adhesive removers, for example, contain methylene chloride, which has been linked to causing cancer in animals.